Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Violet Beauregarde

I've mentioned that Lee likes to sit on the heating vents in our house. She's kind of like a cat that way, except that a cat would stay there for hours on end, whereas Lee doesn't stay put anywhere for very long.

This morning, in the dress she was wearing, Lee ended up looking like the blueberry girl from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Remember her? Violet Beauregarde. Gosh I couldn't stand her. I should really get a copy of that movie to show Lee. Although, both kids, without knowing anything about the movie, thought it was pretty funny anyway.


1 comment:

LeesMyth said...

Not to cause you any alarm, but I wouldn't count on Lee outgrowing the thrill of sitting or standing on the heating vents to puff out a dress or nightgown any time soon. I was still doing that at age 12.... It's so wonderful when the house is a little on the, er, environmentally friendly side (i.e., chilly). In fact, I only stopped because we moved away and never had those awesome floor vents again.

I wonder if you might want to wait a few years before showing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to Lee. Even the original version is a little weird and creepy.