Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dear Santa

A few weeks ago, Lee told me that she only wanted one thing for Christmas. But it was a secret between her and Santa, so she couldn't tell me what it was. At least, I thought, I'll be able to find out who is playing Santa at the church Christmas party.

Then last night, she suddenly said with great concern, "Mommy, I only remember three of the things I was going to ask Santa for."

Three? Uh, oh. She's definitely gotten more wise since last year, when she asked Santa for only a candy cane (so cute!). So I asked her what they were and she quite readily told me (so much for keeping secrets).

"First, candy canes."

Whew, maybe not that wise. Doesn't she realize we give her candy canes anyway?

"Second, a heart that looks real. When you push the button on it, it starts to beat. And third, a big rat. When you push a button on it, it crawls across the floor."

I asked her if she'd seen these things somewhere or if she'd just made them up. I imagined them, she said.

Hmmm......

No comments: