Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Grrr.....

Clara, unlike Lee, loves to stay for lunch at school. Because Lee doesn't go to school and therefore doesn't need a lunch box, Clara's been using the purple insulated bag we own that has "LEE" written on it.

She's not too happy about this, and has apparently told everyone this. So, after a few comments by her teachers, I felt shamed into buying her her own lunchbox.

I wasn't actually sure where to buy a lunch box in town, but I happened to be in the toy store yesterday and asked if they had one. "I do, but I just have one left, " said the owner, and as she glanced at my cute little girl she kind of whispered, "but it's a tiger." The insinuation was that no self-respecting girl would take anything but a princess or Dora lunchbox to school.

"Perfect!" I laughed. Clara was thrilled. She took a Sharpie and wrote her name on the back, and took it to school today.



1 comment:

LeesMyth said...

Ah, the perils of literacy. But what a great ending to the story!