Tuesday, October 14, 2008

When a Lesson Takes

Clara's been drawing a lot. On a lot of different things. Like the windowsill, and my bills, and the newspaper, and the table. Thankfully no library books.

Yesterday I caught her drawing on the windowsill (again), and I told her "no, no, no!", put her on the stairs for a minute or so, cleaned it up, and put away the markers.

Today I left her alone for a few minutes, and when I went in she had drawn with markers all over our new art table that Bridges had built. (I know, it's an art table. Perhaps she should be able to draw all over it). It's actually not a big deal, because we haven't painted it yet and so the paint will cover the marker and then the paint will be washable.

But when I found her, she looked up at me, gave me this huge smile, and said "no, no, no!" She was so proud of herself. I just couldn't help laughing.

No comments: