Friday, June 5, 2009

Playing with Balls

I always feel a bit bad about the fact that my girls are clueless about balls.  They don't really know how to throw or kick or catch.  Bridges and I don't really play any sports involving balls except for tennis (and we did just buy two tiny rackets for them).   We own a lot of balls, but they tend to sit around the garden room.  

Lee's actually never shown much interest in playing with balls and is decidedly uninterested in soccer, but Clara is starting to really enjoy them.  So they've been coming out of the garden room a bit more, and I'm trying to play some catch with her.  

Recently, though, I noticed the two of them lining up four of the balls we have on the driveway by decreasing size.  

"This," Lee said, "is the daddy ball."  
"And here's the mommy ball."
"And here are the two kids."

Ah, now that's how my girls play with balls.  

No comments: