Friday, May 30, 2008

Davis Farmland

It seems I've taken some time off, which is just fine considering the size of my audience. I would just hate that pressure to post every day. So, some catch-up....

A few weeks ago we went to Davis Farmland. I had heard it was wonderful and that they had all sorts of baby animals that you could touch and pet. And to be fair, they did, but the place is really more of an amusement park with a farm theme than an actual farm. I should have known from their website.

It didn't help that Lee was scared of all the animals, even the baby goats that were the size of a lapdog.

And, when we ended up at their huge playground for a while, I felt a bit of "we drove almost an hour for this?"

It was also a little sad that this was what had to happen for a family farm to make a go of it. What I actually did like was that they have rare species of farm animals from all over the world. Here are my favorites, all of them very long-haired and hippie-ish.

No comments: