Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Catch-up

Wow, am I behind.  I have loads of pictures on the camera from Florida, Sanibel, Lee's birthday, and other things over the past month or so.  I hope to get them on to my computer soon and catch up a bit.  But, just in case that doesn't happen anytime soon, her are some recent highlights:
  • Lee turned five.  She's doing great, and she and I seem to be moving into a much nicer, less combative phase recently.   At her 5-year appointment, she measured 4th percentile for weight and 5th for height.  If she stays on her curve she may just hit 5' as an adult.  
  • We have enrolled Lee in half-day kindergarten next year.  I probably won't go into the FDK vs. HDK debate here, but just wanted to mention it so we can look back and say "remember all the brouhaha over FDK?"  
  • Clara's speech has really taken off.  Her sentences have gotten much more complex, and her grammar more correct.  She's still hard to unerstand sometimes, but she responds very well if you work with her on a particular word.   She and I seem to be moving into a less nice, more combative phase lately.  Balance in the universe, I suppose.
  • I just returned from a weekend away with my mom and two sisters.  More about that in another post, I think, since I have some pictures.
  • After a very long cold March, we have had a beautiful spring.  Everything is in bloom and it's just been gorgeous.  
  • I'm off to California tomorrow morning for five days by myself.  More about that when I return!     

No comments: