Sunday, May 24, 2009

Solo in San Francisco


I had five days and four nights solo in San Francisco. It was wonderful, and I won't write too much because this blog is supposed to be about the kids and not about me, and the whole point of this trip was the ABSENCE of the kids.

But here I am visiting friends I haven't seen since pre-kids. We met for dinner at 8 pm - how adult is that?


Some highlights from the trip:
  • the flight out, where I couldn't decide how best to spend 5 1/2 uninterrupted hours on the plane. Movie, music, books, crossword puzzle? I bounced from one thing to another like I was ADD.
  • hanging out in Ashbury Heights at my friend Lynn's place
  • having coffee and lunch in a French bistro in Cole Valley
  • dinner in Cole Valley with Lynn and Phil (see above picture)
  • walking all over Golden Gate Park
  • walking up to Twin Peaks Park
  • hanging out in Berkeley with Bob and his family
  • hiking/running in my old stomping ground, Tilden Park
  • my brother Lee's 50th birthday party bash (the trigger for my going out there
  • taking the redeye back with Dave, who also came out for the party

No comments: