Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Clara Lee

It's funny sometimes the things that are hard for kids to grasp. Take, for example, rhyming. Rhyming has come up off and on for, oh, the better part of two years, and Lee just doesn't get the concept. Out of the blue the other day, she said to me, "Mommy, bear, baby, and beach....they all rhyme, don't they?"

Another one that's tough seems to be multiple names. Lee confuses her Aunt Deb and Aunt Linda. She's not sure which one goes with the four boys and which one goes with Liam. When I ask her about it, she tells me that it's just sooo confusing because their names sound exactly alike. For some reason Aunt Lee doesn't fall into the same sea of confusion. My guess is that it's due to the Lee part.

So the other day, Lee was talking with Clara, and she said "Clara, do you want kids when you grow up? If you have kids, then I'm going to be Aunt Lee. And when I have kids, you're going to be Clara Lee."

1 comment:

Lee said...

It sounds like she's got alliteration down! And I love her naming convention...